"Protecting the oceans, waves and beaches through a powerful activist network"
Position Title: Media Chair
Reports to: Chapter Executive Board
Overview of position:
The role of the Media Chair is to create press releases, update website content, and create social media updates for the chapter and it’s events.
- Ability to create word format press releases
- Ability to understand the needs of the current campaign or program
- Communicate directly with Chairperson and Executive Board about current campaigns or other important media-relevant events.
1-4 hours per month (depending on the season, and how busy the chapter is.)
- Deal promptly with requests (with assistance from chapter board as needed)
- Work well with the Chapter Chairperson and Chapter Executive Board
- Have knowledge or experience of project goals
Proficiency in Word, WordPress, Adobe
3 months in media and/or other marketing/media outlets used for various professional organizations.
Have a sense of urgency, and ability to deliver finished projects.
Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Interact with various high-level Surfrider contacts, including National HQ
- Gain experience with exposure to local media
- Resume builder
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org