"Protecting the oceans, waves and beaches through a powerful activist network"
Position Title: Ocean Friendly Gardens Co-Chair
Reports to: Chapter Executive Board
Overview of Position:
The role of the Ocean Friendly Gardens Co-Chair is to provide support to the Ocean Friendly Garden Chair with hosting garden clean-up gatherings. Helping with maintaining the garden and materials needed for the garden. Communicating with volunteers on a project.
- Ability to visit the garden at least 1 month
- Ability to understand basic gardening concepts
1-4 hours per month (depending on the season, and how busy the chapter is.)
- People person
- Work well with the Chairperson, Executive Board and OFG Chair
- Have knowledge or experience with gardening on some level
- Eco-Green thumb
- Gardening experience
- Able to lift at least 30lbs (potted plants, etc.)
- Experience working with groups of volunteers
Organization and communication skills.
Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Opportunities to interact with various Surfrider Foundation contacts, including National HQ as well as local government, and entities interested in Surfrider Foundation’s Ocean Friendly Gardens.
- Resume builder
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com