"Protecting the oceans, waves and beaches through a powerful activist network"
Position Title: Rise Above Plastics Chair (RAP)
Reports to: Chapter Executive Board
Overview of position:
The role of the RAP chair is to promote recycling and plastic pollution awareness to the community through community outreach events.
- Ability to host two events a year (“Raptober“)
- Ability to tactfully reach out to legislators and local government
- Stay up-to-date on Surfrider Foundation’s Rise Above Plastics program
1-4 hours per month (depending on the season, and how busy the chapter is.)
- Passion about raising awareness against plastic pollution
- Work well with the Chairperson or Chapter Admin
- Have knowledge or experience planning events/ public speaking
- Public speaking/ government / public relations
- Ability to communicate marketing needs with printing vendors
Have a sense of urgency, accountability and ability to deliver a finished project when necessary.
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Opportunities to interact with various high-level Surfrider Foundation contacts, including National HQ as well as decision-makers in local, state and federal government.
- Resume builder
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com