Position Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to: Chapter Executive Board
Overview of position:
The role of the Volunteer Coordinator is to setup specific jobs for volunteers on our SignUp.com account, as well as the following:
- Coordinate with committees (campaign or events) on volunteer needs.
- Communicate those needs to the membership
- Keep and build a database or list of volunteers and potential volunteers
- Get to know volunteers, their interests and match them to opportunities
- Contribute to the Chapter’s website and social media pages
- Possibly– communicate to the chapter membership via mass emails
15-40 hours per month (depending on the season, and how busy the chapter is.)
- Prior experience working with a volunteer base, or belonging to a volunteer base is preferred.
- Work well with the Chapter Chairperson and Chapter Executive Board.
- Have knowledge of current social media trends.
- Have a passion for the ocean and protecting it.
Proficiency in Word, Mailchimp, Social Media
Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Interact with various high-level Surfrider contacts, including National HQ
- Gain experience with managing a large group of people
- Public speaking
- Social media management
- Resume builder
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org