WHEN: Saturday, DEC 7th
WHERE: Surfing Florida Museum, West Palm Beach
WHAT: Ocean documentaryWLRN’s new documentary Troubled Waters: A Turtle’s Tale explores the impact of human behavior on our environment—as seen through the lens of one of South Florida’s most beloved and fragile underwater creatures—the sea turtle. Featuring acclaimed actor and ocean activist Ted Danson and narrated by award-winning Peter Coyote, this one-hour film will take a critical look at the effects of global warming, water pollution and our “throw-away” plastic lifestyle on this keystone species…and inevitably ourselves.
Human impact on endangered sea turtles ranges from climate change, rising seas, commercial fishing, polluted waters, discarded nets, hooks and fishing lines, and most significantly, trash, specifically plastic in our oceans. While education, political will, technology and science offers hope, changing human behavior is crucial. Troubled Waters will reveal the challenges confronting the largest resource of life on earth and offer solutions and actions that can be taken to help turn back the tide.
Bring the whole family! This is a family-friendly film.
Food and beverages available next door to the Museum at Grandview Public Market, Steam Horse Brewing (Seating and tables also available in the Surfing Florida Museum). Bring your own water bottle/container for free, cold, filtered water in the museum gift shop.
• 6:00 - 6:20pm: Museum Exhibits Open, Art Show, Photo Op Tube Rides in the Museum’s tube (made from 1,600 recycled water bottles), Gift Shop, Education Tables by the City of West Palm Beach Office of Sustainability, Surfrider Foundation, and The Friends of Palm Beach.
• 6:20pm: Partner and Speaker Introductions
• 6:30pm: “Troubled Waters: A Turtle's Tale" begins in the Museum’s Atlantic Room.
• 7:30 - 8:00pm: Questions and Answers with local experts. Call to Action.
• 8:00 - 9:00pm: Visit education tables by the City of West Palm Beach Office of Sustainability, Surfrider Foundation, and The Friends of Palm Beach.
Invite your friends from the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/2472892106258716/