WHEN: Friday, NOV 15th
WHERE: Surfing Florida Museum, WPB
WHAT: ocean documentary and discussion
Join us at the Surfing Florida Museum in our vibrant West Palm Beach Warehouse District for a free, award-winning documentary film co-hosted by the museum and the West Palm Beach Office of Sustainability on Friday evening, November 15th.
“Blue the Film” takes us on a provocative journey into our ocean realm, witnessing a critical moment in time when the marine world is on a precipice. Featuring passionate advocates for ocean preservation, “Blue” takes us into the world where the story of our changing ocean is unfolding. We meet those who are defending habitats, campaigning for smarter fishing, combating marine pollution and fighting for the protection of keystone species. This feature documentary comes at a time when we are making critical decisions that will decide the legacy we leave for generations to come.
In this family-friendly, 75-minute film, we will see that there is a way forward and the time to act is now.
• 6:00-7:00 pm: Museum Exhibits Open, Art Show, Photo Op Tube Rides in the Museum’s tube (made from 1,600 recycled water bottles), Gift Shop, Education Tables by Surfrider Foundation, The Friends of Palm Beach and West Palm Beach Green.
• 6:00-7:00 pm: Food and beverages available next door to the museum at Grandview Public Market, Steam Horse Brewery and Steel Tie Distillery (Seating and tables also available in the Surfing Florida Museum). Bring your own container for free, cold, filtered water in the museum gift shop.
• 7:00 pm: Introductions and focus on West Palm Beach sustainability.
• 7:30 pm: “Blue the Film” begins in the Museum’s Atlantic Room.
• 8:45 – 9:15 pm: Questions and Answers with local experts. Call to Action.
• 9:15 pm: End of program.
Invite your friends on FB: https://www.facebook.com/events/207521093324875/